1) Your prayers are very much coveted for a mother named Shannon in our parish that passed away this last weekend. She is a dear friend of my godmother Kimberlie’s, and has three young children and a husband. While you’re at, if you would pray for Kimberlie that would be fantastic.
2) I had an unexpected holiday from work this week, and I’m not complaining at all. But between the two snow weeks and my nanny family’s vacation, I’m going to have a hard time adjusting to life as usual again!
3) Eli’s birthday was Thursday. He worked all day, so we didn’t really get to celebrate, but I made him this cake that we’ll get to eat tomorrow. The kitchen in my dorm is set on a 15 minute timer, so all the appliances turn off after 15 minutes and then have to be completely reset. This is supposedly to keep students from burning the kitchen down. I feel that they’re just trying to drive us insane. But when I finished watching my godmother’s children tonight I went over to another friend’s place and baked there. Except, their oven’s temperature is off. So, who knows what this cake will actually taste like. But every other time I’ve had it, it has been utterly sinful. And I hate chocolate.
4) While at Kimberlie’s tonight, I was helping her four kids get ready for bed. Her youngest boy was standing to the side while the other three kids were brushing their teeth. “[Dumpling #4], you need to brush your teeth!”
“Kassie, I can’t. I want to be last so I can be first in heaven.”
I grinned. Go team.
5) There has been some fantastic conversation going on in my com-box. The past few weeks have been spent surviving snow storms and catching up on massive papers, so I haven’t had much time to respond, but let me tell you, they have led to some fascinating conversations in the few spare moments Eli and I have to actually catch up in person. I appreciate each and every one of you that has taken the time to share your thoughts and experiences, particularly Jackie at Blueberries For Me, The Ogre (yes, the barefoot and pregnant Calah’s Ogre), Tienne McKenzie, and Khouria Jen.
6) My 15-year-old brother,
Had his first taste of heartbreak this week. Ever the comedian he wrote about it on his fledgling blog, Existential Bacon. Yes, you read that correctly. Go support a young writer! He’s funny.
7) I’m desperate for vegetarian and vegan recipes. I’m trying to discern what I’m supposed to be doing for Lent, and I have a sneaking suspicion that going vegetarian is going to play a part in that. So if you have any recipe love that you could send my way, I’m all for it.
Visit ConversionDiary.com for more!