That time has arrived. What time, you ask?
Grad school application time.
Well, not quite yet, for most schools. But it is definitely – DEFINITELY – time to start narrowing down my list. Most of you know that I’m in a small, private, evangelical university for undergrad. I really don’t want to go the private school route unless it’s a theologically sound Catholic school. Otherwise I just want to go to a state university. SO, ladies and gentlemen, I’m depending on you wiser, braver, stronger, more knowledgeable Catholics and non-Catholics alike to share your thoughts and opinions for Catholic or state schools that have a Masters of Social Work program (MSW). Unfortunately, it does have to have an MSW, counseling and psych won’t qualify me for licensing. In no particular order…
1) Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.
2) St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa.
3) Dominican University, River Forest, Illinois
4) University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
5) Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, Texas.
6) I’m planning (knock on wood) on earning my MA Political Science from University of Dallas. Which means I should probably consider one of the state school options in Texas for my MSW, since the social work side is such a short program thanks to my advanced standing status (ORU is good for something!).
7) Any additions I need to consider? Things I need to take away? Sound off, please! I need your help!
Visit Jen at ConversionDiary.com for more Quick Takes!