1. You’ve been introduced to the bit of humble teenaged wonder that is my brother Logan. He’s a doll, really, but as his sister I’m obligated to inform any of my younger readers that he is not, in fact, allowed to date. Try again in a few years. He might be Catholic then. 😉
2. Oh yeah…hi! Logan’s post was mostly accurate if a little light-hearted. Please keep our family in your prayers. It’s been a trying summer, particularly the last few weeks. Can’t really share with the blogosphere – although my faithful twitter followers probably noticed a few outraged, profanity-laced bursts of anger in between my happy-go-lucky slightly addicted other tweets – I promise I didn’t abandon you all without a just cause.
3. I really didn’t mean to jump right into the quick takes without so much as a “ZOMG I PROMISE I’LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN WHAT WAS I THINKING AHHHHH” but really, guys – I missed y’all. Desperately.
4. My first few months as a baby Catholic have been…interesting. I can say with sad honesty that I was a better Catholic before I was Catholic than I am now that I’m officially Catholic. I think I might have a record for Neophyte With The Most Confessions Before Ordinary Time Began. I’m home. But now I have to unpack all my baggage.
5. On a lighter note…I have to relay an awkward first date experience. Through a series of events this summer, was introduced to a guy we’ll call………Rob. Since Tom is taken in the Anonymous Annals of Kassie’s Love Life. I was not remotely interested in Rob, but I was trying to be polite.
“What kind of food do you like to eat?”
Really? I’m a dancer. “Um. Sushi and Mexican.”
“We should go get Subway sometime.”
6. I was flabbergasted. But the cynical, satirical comedian in me couldn’t say no. So I went on a date. To Subway. Wherein he talked about (drumroll please) Operation Repo. Constantly.
7. My saving grace? There was a Jason Statham movie playing on the screen behind him. I’m horrible. Shhh. See number 4. I waited the obligatory hour, then dashed away. I called my sister to tell her about the fail.
“Hey Whit. What are you doing?”
“Watching Operation: Repo….”
I give up.